ONTAP Discussions

can I move SnapInfo folder location

ajay_nabh

Hi All

can you guys please advise if I can move snapinfo folder location with in windows OS? at the moment my snapinfo folder is on a LUN which is too big for its size and I would like to move it to smaller LUN, is it possible to do that and how?

thanks in advance

Ajay

5 REPLIES 5

panting

Hi

Rerun the snapmanager wizard and relocate the snapinfo files that way, they will be moved for you and snapmanager will work as before.

Ian

ajay_nabh

Hi Ian

thanks for your response and i resolved this issue.

thanks

panting

Hi

Yes if you run SME, open up the server and then on the right click on configuration wizard, go through the options leaving everything how it is until you get to the dialog box associated with snapinfo, here you can then select your new drive letter. Continue until the end of the wizard and then allow the wizard to move the files for you.

Ian

SEAHERO2010

Hello Guys,

I need to know what will be the best practise regarding the actual  location for the log files and databases while utilizing SnapManager for Exchange.

At the moment we run 2 jobs to record snapshots for both database and log files.

The log files for my exchange reside on their own lun separatly from the database lun.

However, jobs to back up the database, the database logs and the actual location for the sme_snapinfo (directory for the actual snap data) reside on

the same exchange log files lun.

I see this been a bit risky and not a good practise.

What is the best suggestion regarding sme_snapinfo location....

Does it need to be on its own lun?

Do I need to re-run the setup to change the location?

Thanks

chittur

As a best practice you can place the Exchange transaction log files and the Snap Info directory on the same LUN.

Public