ONTAP Discussions

df -Ah outout shows 100% for root aggregate while the only flex volume vol0 is 3% being utilized. Can some explain why is that?

SNETAPPUSER

HI

I recently noticed that our root aggregate, aggr0 is showing 100% utilized while the one and only flexible volume inside it, vol0, is being 3% filled. Though vol0 has space guarantee as "volume", the typical case would be somewhere around 95% or 96% of the aggr0 is being utilized for vol0 regardless of under laying disk capacities. (note that there are only three disks for the aggr0)

Since we are not using aggregate level snapshots, Can someone kindly explain what caused aggr0 to be 100% utilized?

Current state :

aggr0                    367GB      367GB        0GB     100%

aggr0/.snapshot            0GB       18GB        0GB     ---%

Typical state :

aggr0                    744GB      711GB       33GB      96%

aggr0/.snapshot            0MB     1577MB        0MB     ---%

Thanks you

1 REPLY 1

YEKYAWTHARMYINT

what is the size of the vol0? I am not really sure what you want to mean current state and typical state. you can check with the aggr show_space -g aggr0 command to see how is the space allocated and disable the aggregate snapshot and set aggregate snapshot reserve to 0. What i can see from your command output there is 18GB of snapshot usage and delete it if you do not need them.

Regards,

Ye

Public