Subscribe

how do I know if an aggregate is 64-bit or 32-bit, why 32-bit Snapshot got produced?

[ Edited ]

I have two questions and need your help with, CLI's preferred.

1. how do I tell if a aggreate is 64-bit or 32-bit,

2. why some of SVM created 32-snapshots, is this determined by SVM or aggregate?

cDOT, 8.2.1

Thanks for sharing!

Re: how do I know if an aggregate is 64-bit or 32-bit, why 32-bit Snapshot got produced?

run -node * aggr status  - make sure they all say 64-bit.  I thought cDOT was only 64bit.  

On one of the snapshots run -instance and paste back

Re: how do I know if an aggregate is 64-bit or 32-bit, why 32-bit Snapshot got produced?

as you can see below, the aggr is 64-bit, but the SS is 32-bit. It is required to disable 32-bit aggr when upgrade to 8.3. Again, how come 32-bit SS got produced, and by what?

>node run -node * -command aggr status
2 entries were acted on.

Node: node-01

Aggr State           Status                Options
node_01_sas_aggr1 online          mixed_raid_type, aggr raidsize=22, cache_raid_group_size=8,
                                64-bit                hybrid_enabled=on
                                hybrid
  z_node_01_root online          raid_dp, aggr         root
                                64-bit

Node: node-02

Aggr State           Status                Options
node_02_sas_aggr1 online          mixed_raid_type, aggr raidsize=22, cache_raid_group_size=8,
                                hybrid
node_02_sata_aggr2 online          raid_dp, aggr         raidsize=20, cache_raid_group_size=23,
                                hybrid

z_node_02_root online          raid_dp, aggr         root
                                64-bit

====================================================================

snapshot -instance:

Vserver: node-nfs
                               Volume: volume_xyz
                             Snapshot: hourly.4
                        Creation Time: Tue Jun 24 16:00:30 2014
                        Snapshot Busy: false
                       List of Owners: -
                        Snapshot Size: 44KB
           Percentage of Total Blocks: 0%
            Percentage of Used Blocks: 17%
                              Comment:
             File System Block Format: 32-bit
                      7-Mode Snapshot: true
      Label for SnapMirror Operations: -
                       Snapshot State: valid
                 Constituent Snapshot: false

The volume was transitioned from 7-mode, but the question is why SS is still shown as 7-mode and 32 bit

Snapshots migrated from 7-Mode likely cannot be converted - they are read-only by definition.

[ Edited ]

I know that.

My question is, once the volume got transitioned to cDOT, why those new SS produced based on the new policy on cDOT is still in 7-mode and 32-bit.

You showed what I wanted to confirm.. -instance shows 7-mode true, means exactly what the other poster said, made in 7-mode, 

Sorry, but what I dont' unerstand is that, based on the timestamp, the snapshot and also a lot of others which I did not list here have been created on cDOT filer, the most recent one was just yesterday.

So, why cDOT is still creating these SS?

Could you paste volume show -instance for the volume in question? Doing it in diag mode may show even more.