Subscribe

no vserver option in New-NcSnapshotPolicy cmdlet?

I'm trying to automate creating snapshot policies with Powershell.  It looks like the New-NcSnapshotPolicy cmdlet doesn't have a vserver option.  So when I run it, all policies are created under the cluster vserver.  The cli command of snapshot policy create has the vserver option.  Any ideas why I can't do the same with Powershell?  I have toolkit 4.1 with CDOT of 8.3.1.  Thanks.

Dave

Re: no vserver option in New-NcSnapshotPolicy cmdlet?

hi, 

try the help command to check the syntax... 

Cannot find the answer you need?  No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

Re: no vserver option in New-NcSnapshotPolicy cmdlet?

Hello,

I'm agree with

This options is not available event with the last PSTK 4.0.0.231

Here the help of the cmdlet:

NAME
    New-NcSnapshotPolicy

SYNOPSIS
    Create a new snapshot scheduling policy.

SYNTAX
    New-NcSnapshotPolicy [-Name] <String> [-Schedule] <String> [-Count] <Int32> [-Prefix <String>] [-Enabled [<Boolean>]] [-Comment <String>]
    [-SnapmirrorLabel <String>] [-Controller <NcController[]>] [-PipelineVariable <String>] [-ZapiRetryCount <Int32>] [<CommonParameters>]

DESCRIPTION
    Create a new snapshot scheduling policy.

PARAMETERS
    -Name <String>
        The name of the snapshot scheduling policy which has to be created.  This cmdlet creates a snapshot policy and adds a schedule to it.
        The maximum length of this string is 256 characters.

-Schedule <String>
        First schedule to be added inside the policy.  At least one schedule has to be added to create a policy.

-Count <Int32>
        Retention count for the snapshots created by the first schedule.  The count of all the snapshots to be retained for this policy cannot
        be more than 255.

-Prefix <String>
        Snapshot name prefix for the first schedule.  Prefix name should be unique within the policy.

-Enabled [<Boolean>]
        Status of the snapshot policy indicating whether the policy will be enabled or disabled.  If set to true, the policy will be enabled.

-Comment <String>
        A human readable description associated with the snapshot policy.  The maximum length of this field can be 255 characters.

-SnapmirrorLabel <String>
        Label for SnapMirror Operations. Maximum length of this field is 31 characters.

-Controller <NcController[]>
        A clustered Data ONTAP controller to receive this cmdlet, as embodied by an NcController object.  This parameter is returned by the
        Connect-NcController cmdlet.  If not specified, the value in the global variable CurrentNcController is used.  In the latter case, if
        CurrentNcController contains a collection of NcController objects, this cmdlet is invoked on each controller in succession.

-PipelineVariable <String>

-ZapiRetryCount <Int32>

<CommonParameters>
        This cmdlet supports the common parameters: Verbose, Debug,
        ErrorAction, ErrorVariable, WarningAction, WarningVariable,
        OutBuffer, PipelineVariable, and OutVariable. For more information, see
        about_CommonParameters (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=113216).

Is there any chance to see this option in the futur?

TIA

Regards