ONTAP Discussions

options sftp.enable missing

mjschneider

OnCommand is able to pull options sftp.enable settings but i dont see anything sftp related when running from command line.  I've tried to run under priv set advanced as well.

This is a 3240 running NetApp Release 8.0.2P3 7-Mode.  I've followed this doc https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1012643 as well as whats in the 8.0 7-Mode File Access and Protocols Management Guide.

Ftp is there but no SFTP or even TFTP.

.... also just checked 8 other 3140s running same version.

We haven't setup SFTP or FTP prior to now so i might be missing something really simple.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aborzenkov

It was not "removed". It was added in 7.3 after the point when 8.0 was forked. 8.0 has feature parity with approximately 7.3.2 (or may be 7.3.3, do not remember exactly).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

IIRC SFTP was added back in 8.1.

mjschneider

Interesting, I just realized that theres only two mentions of SFTP in 8.0 7-Mode File Access and Protocols Management Guide but in the 7.3.3 guide is has complete setup instructions.  So i'm assuming it was removed in 8.0 and re-added in 8.1? 

aborzenkov

It was not "removed". It was added in 7.3 after the point when 8.0 was forked. 8.0 has feature parity with approximately 7.3.2 (or may be 7.3.3, do not remember exactly).

mjschneider

Ok, so that explains why i still see the option in oncommand and in /etc/registry.

All right, so it was available in 7.3.x, 'not available' in 8.0.x and available again in 8.1.x. 

Thanks for the help!

Also, saw this in the 8.0.3 release notes:

FTPS is not supported

File Transfer Protocol over Secure Socket Layer (FTPS) was introduced in a previous Data ONTAP

release, but it is not supported in the Data ONTAP 8.0 release family.

If you enabled FTPS in a previous Data ONTAP release family, it is no longer available as an option

for file access when you run the Data ONTAP 8.0 release family.

SFTP is not supported

Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) was introduced in a previous Data ONTAP release, but it is not

supported in the Data ONTAP 8.0 release family.

If you enabled SFTP in a previous Data ONTAP release family, it is no longer available as an option

for file access when you run the Data ONTAP 8.0 release family.

Public