ONTAP Discussions

ossv path-exclude paths still getting backed up

SATISH_SS

We have a OSSV setup for a Windows Server. The initial baseline was done using Lrep.

The F: on this server is being backed to the Netapp FAS 3240 using OSSV Snapvault.The backup is being done over the WAN.

Now one of the user has created a folder called Backup which is 2TB and the backup started for this path: F:\Backup. There are other relations in the dataset and hence all other relations are quiescing state from a long time.

It is practically impossible to transfer/backup 2TB data over WAN.

So, I wanted to Exclude the F:\Backup path from being backed up and hence I aborted the OSSV backup for the relation for F:.

Then I added the path F:\Backup in path-exclude file in the etc folder of the server where snapvault is installed.

However, the F:\Backup is still getting backed up.

Is there any way we can exlude the F:Backup path being backed up in OSSV.

We are also using Netapp Mgmt Console(NMC) for OSSV data protection/scheduling the backup everyday.

thanks

Satish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

resqme914

Well I don't know if this is your problem, but the documentation states:

# To exclude DIRECTORIES / FOLDERS use an exclusion entry terminated with a path delimiter '\' example: Exclude-dir\
# To exclude FILES use an exclusion entry NOT terminated with a path delimiter example: Exclude-file

So I would think you should have an entry F:\Backup\   instead of F:\Backup

Hope that solves your issue!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

resqme914

Well I don't know if this is your problem, but the documentation states:

# To exclude DIRECTORIES / FOLDERS use an exclusion entry terminated with a path delimiter '\' example: Exclude-dir\
# To exclude FILES use an exclusion entry NOT terminated with a path delimiter example: Exclude-file

So I would think you should have an entry F:\Backup\   instead of F:\Backup

Hope that solves your issue!

SATISH_SS

Thank you very much, it worked.

Thank you

Satish

SATISH_SS

it worked, how to mark this thread as Answered

Public