ONTAP Discussions

"autosupport options" issue

seginetapp

Hello,

I have a FAS2040 with two filers working with firmware v8.0.1. I have an issue with both filers when I try to read autosupport options values. Here is an example :

option autosupport.content: can not be read, connection problem (code=0xffffffff)
autosupport.content          unknown    (value might be overwritten in takeover)

(...)

Moreover, the "options autosupport" command takes a lot of time to try reading each value (timeout occurs after 20-30sec per option approximatively). I did not success to troubleshoot this. I got this problem since I flashed the filers with Ontap v8.0.1 and migrated them to another subnet. I ensured to set the correct gateway ip address.

My troubleshooting helped me to discover when each "losk" interface is disabled or set with another IP address than 127.0.20.1, the problem is still the same except I did not experience the long timeout. But it seems obvious since both filers are communicating through each internal "losk" interface...

Any ideas?

Thanks beforehand for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

seginetapp

Hi,

Problem solved.

You were right Steve. Many thanks. The root cause was an entry for losk interface in the /etc/rc file. With the assistance of support team, I cleaned up this entry and rebooted filer. The autosupport options are now readable.

An official fix has been released :

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2015666

Thanks all for your help.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Public