ONTAP Discussions

recocovery of a deleted volume 7m

MRz

Can we able to recover Volumes from netapp 7M post a deletion (no snap ,no snapmirror ) 

Any option likve VRQ in 8.3 ?the version is 8.1.X

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

In worst case scenarios, recovery by third party providers such as Kroll Ontrack or Drive Savers may be possible (at the expense of availability of other volumes) - this KB article outlines the options, but we do not provide endorsement of any of their services.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

aborzenkov

The only known way is aggregate snapshots.

ericmb

I think there is an option in new ONTAP versions where the volume is not actually deleted until x hours later. 

I think it can be set to X as well. If I remember correctly its 6 hour by default. 

So it all depends on how fast you are . 

sandilya

Hi,

AS per knowledge you can't recovery deleted volume on the  7-mode without aggreagate snapshot.

There is options C-dot after 8.3 

cdot::>vserver show -fields volume-delete-retention-hours

you can set retenation hours for if you delete volume  between retention hours you can recover the volume. 

Thank you,

Sandilyan

AlexDawson

In worst case scenarios, recovery by third party providers such as Kroll Ontrack or Drive Savers may be possible (at the expense of availability of other volumes) - this KB article outlines the options, but we do not provide endorsement of any of their services.

IuTKuI

Hi,

In 7-mode system there is no way to get deleted volumes back without aggregate snapshots.

Mostly, aggregate snapshots using for a SyncMirror purpose, you should check it.

Public