ONTAP Discussions

snapmirror.conf schedule

nsitps1976

I want to set a schedule which replicates 4 volumes every 15 minutes with a 3 minute time difference between the relationships. Two of the volumes I want to replicate every 15 mins of every hour, month, day.  One I want to replicate every 15 mins between 6am and 6pm and the last with replicate every 15 mins between 6am and 6pm mon through to Friday.

I have the below schedule, does this seem correct? If so, is there a better way of doing this?

srcfiler:vol1 desfiler:vol1 0,15,30,45 * * *

srcfiler:vol2 desfiler:vol2 3,18,33,48 6-18 *

srcfiler:vol3 desfiler:vol3 6,21,36,51 6-18 1-5

srcfiler:vol4 desfiler:vol4 9,24,39,54 * * *

3 REPLIES 3

shaunjurr

Hi,

I guess if you are only interested in volume snapmirror, the schedule looks ok except for one caveat:

You probably (and I am not sure 100% if this is required, but I seem to remember it is and the manpage examples always include it) should add a "-" (dash/hyphen) between the last volume and the time schedule, i.e.:

srcfiler:vol1 desfiler:vol1 - 0,15,30,45 * * *

^

scotts

Kudos for planning on staggering the transfers, sometimes the overhead of multiple snapmirrors all at the same time can be a little excessive.

The dash in the aurgument field indicates that both the kbs and restart args are intended to be default values.

Depending on the version on Ontap you are running, there are some very good examples in the snapmirror.conf man pages. Just type man snapmirror.conf at the cli.

hope that helps

nsitps1976

Thanks for the help

Public