Subscribe

snapmirror fail when having mismatch verson of Ontap 7-mode

I have netapp box FAS2240-4 with 2 controllers (these 2 controllers are on the same chasis).  Recently I upgrade one controller to 8.2.1 7-mode and keep the other one at 8.1.1P4 7-mode for testing purpose.  And my existed snapmirror between the 2 controllers start to fail with the error message:

Data ONTAP API Failed :Snapmirror error: incompatible snapmirror versions on systems  (Error: 13102)

Just wonder if the snapmirror support mismatch Ontap 7-mode version.

Thanks

Re: snapmirror fail when having mismatch verson of Ontap 7-mode

yeap.

I'm assuming you're mirroring from 8.2 to the 8.1 filer?

they need to be the same . It use to work that you could mirror from a lower version to a higer but its been a while since i did snapmirror stuff.

For VSM lower to higher works, but not higher to lower. For QSM it is possible to replicate between any versions.

Take a look at TR-3446 for 7-mode

I'm new to netapp, just wonder what is VSM and QSM.  I think in my case I have VSM because I just check and notice that all the snapmirror from lower to higer work just fine.  Only higher to lower has problem.

Thanks

VSM = Volume SnapMirror

QSM = Qtree SnapMirror

Its all to do with whats being replicated, QSM allows a specific "directory" in a volume to be replicated. VSM Replicates the entire volume