Subscribe
Accepted Solution

snapvault update error, retrying...

when I run "snapvault update src:src-tree", I am getting thefollowing error

"Transfer not initially successful, Retrying

Monitor progress with "snapvault status" or the snapmirror log"

Immediately if I run "snapvault status", it shows me "pending", then quickly becoming "idle" again

Could you please tell me how to fix the issue? what should I do now to update SV?

Thank you in advance!

Re: snapvault update error, retrying...

Did you look at snapmirror log file to see what's going on.

Also, are you running this from the snapvault secondary?  I tend to run snapvault update dst:dsttree

Sometimes if it flips to pending, there could be a locked snapshot, are you coming off a mirror?

Do snapvault status -l

Yes, snapvaulting off a SM destination. So, could it be caused by a locked snapshot on the SM destination?

Is it managed in OCUM?

Is the snapmirror updating??

Please let me know what OCUM is?

Yes, snapmirror gets updated every hour

Are you using the CLI for your snapvault relationships?  It sounds that way.  Oncommand Unified Manager, is where you would create datasets

This could be a number of issues.  I would like to see a snap list on both the source and destination.  I would also use the command snapvault destinations on both the source and destination and snapvault status on both systems.

When we snapvault from a SM destination we create a sv_daily snapshot schedule on the source and key the snapvault to that snapshot not the snapmirror snapshot.  I am not sure how the NetApp software works because we don't use it.