Subscribe

unable to SSH - Netapp 8.2.1RC1

I unable to connect ( SSH - putty )  to netapp sim runnning 8.2.1RC1 7 mode,  can someone please help me?

Re: unable to SSH - Netapp 8.2.1RC1

Can you ping the IP? if so can you check ssh is enabled "options ssh.enable on"

Hi,

Use the secureadmin commands to set up and enable the secure protocols, SSH and SSL.

ex : secureadmin setup -f -q ssh

The -f  option forces setup to run even if the SSH server has already been configured.
The -q  option is the non-interactive mode for setting up SSH. See the na_secureadmin(1) man
page for more information

After you have set up SecureAdmin to enable SSH and SSL, the following options are set to on:

options ssh.enable
    options ssh2.enable (if you enabled SSHv2 during SecureAdmin setup)
    options ssh.passwd_auth.enable
    options ssh.pubkey_auth.enable
    options httpd.admin.ssl.enable

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Thanks for the reply..

I am not able to ping the IP as well, earlier it worked fine but not any more.  SSH, SSL are enabled.

Is your network adapter on the VM set correctly?

yes, that is set perfectly.

if you can't ping it then check your network settings (gateway\dns\ip) whast the output of "ifconfig -a" and "rdfile /etc/rc". Is it interface on a particular vlan?

I dont have any VLAN, i have enclosed screen shot of the requested details. Can you please help me on this?  

Please let me know if you need any details.

Thanks in advance.

Change the network adapter to NAT: Used to share the hosts IP and see if you can ping

tried all those things but no luck.