ONTAP Discussions

vCenter User Name

TMADOCTHOMAS

In the EDGE Installer VM, can the vCenter server username be your own personal username from the Windows domain you are on?  Does the prompt "Enter vCenter server username" accept syntax such as DOMAIN\username or username@domain?

4 REPLIES 4

TMADOCTHOMAS

I now see that the 1.2 version of the DoT-v Installation Guide (seen below) has a blurb indicating that you CAN use the DOMAIN\uesrname syntax.  However, this blurb was REMOVED in the version 1.2.1 documentation.  Does anyone know if domain connectivity was removed?

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1200033/html/frameset.html

coon

The only problem I've seen with domain credentials is it had to be double quoted "DOMAIN\username" because dvadmin early on couldn't handle the "\". Technically it wasn't dvadmin, but the underlying OS and perl that was mangling it.

I thought we fixed that in the latest versions of Edge to handle that already though.

HTH

G

coon

Yeah. I looked up that bug I filed on it. The only reason the note was removed was due to us actually fixing it where it worked without having to double quote it. The support for domain accounts is there.

G

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks coon, that is great to hear!

Public