ONTAP Discussions

vfiler dr configure command fails

PKKASTURI

Hi,

I'm trying to setup vfiler dr on different networks, but it is getting failed with below error.

source vfiler : 192.168.10.25

Destination filer: 192.168.20.10

netapp-02> vfiler dr configure vf-test@netapp-01

netapp-01's Administrative login: root

netapp-01's Administrative password:

Volume /vol/src_vol (which is a storage path of remote vfiler vf-test)

does not exist on this filer, or is offline.

netapp-02>

2)  i setup IP, Volume same as source vfiler and tried vfiler dr configure command then also it failed with  the below error.

netapp-02> vfiler dr configure src_vf@netapp-01

netapp-01's Administrative login: root

netapp-01's Administrative password:

Local vfiler src_vf already exists.

I've enabled ssl, rsh, snapmirror options. can anyone tell me what i'm missing?

Thanks,

Phani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AGUMADAVALLI

Hi there,

You will not create the destination or disaster side any vfiler please. The vfiler dr will migrate or move during the vfiler dr command, you just need to setup the related network i.e update the rc file and create the volumes with same names that you have on the source, the volume sizes can vary. In the backup ground it does a snapmirror of source vfiler volumes to the destination.

When you issue the vfiler dr configure, please be ready to provide the vlans what you have used in the rc file on the destination.

you can check the status using the vfiler dr status or snapmirror too.

you may observe few error like comments ignore, until it provides you with the prompt.

thank you,

AK G

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

scottgelb

It says the vfiler already exists on the target... if you run "vfiler status" does it show that vfiler?

AGUMADAVALLI

Hi there,

You will not create the destination or disaster side any vfiler please. The vfiler dr will migrate or move during the vfiler dr command, you just need to setup the related network i.e update the rc file and create the volumes with same names that you have on the source, the volume sizes can vary. In the backup ground it does a snapmirror of source vfiler volumes to the destination.

When you issue the vfiler dr configure, please be ready to provide the vlans what you have used in the rc file on the destination.

you can check the status using the vfiler dr status or snapmirror too.

you may observe few error like comments ignore, until it provides you with the prompt.

thank you,

AK G

PKKASTURI

Thank you AGUMADAVALLI.

the issue has been fixed after the entry was added to /etc/rc file.

Public