Subscribe

vfiler rename on a dr vfiler

hi guys

Our infrastructure is growing and i have the first problem with our naming conventions. That's why i would like to rename our vfilers on the storage, but all of them are in a dr-relation.

What i tried to do a rename on the primary site and it works fine actually, but the dr-vfiler still has the old name. That's not a huge problem at the moment, but when adding additional ressources to the primary vfiler, it's not possible to resync the destination anymore:

US-S004KAS> vfiler dr resync fsedulu-v001@us-s004mur
Cannot find local vfiler fsedulu-v001

Is there a way to rename a vfiler in a dr configuration, without rebaselining the complete relation?

thank you in advance!

kind regards,

adrian

Re: vfiler rename on a dr vfiler

On the target (assuming no duplicate ips), you can vfiler dr activate, vfiler rename, then vfiler dr resync and it will pick up the dr relationship again.

save a copy of the target snapmirror.conf before the resync... it will update all volumes in the vfiler to a 0-59/3 schedule (blah) but easy to copy back the orginal snapmirror.conf after.

I tried the vfiler dr activate and received a configuration error, then the vfiler was removed.  (I had not renamed the source vfiler).

So I'm assuming it's essential to rename the source vfiler first before starting this process. 

AHH.. yes... for both vfiler dr and vfiler migrate, the source and target must be the same name for vfilers and volumes.