2015-09-04 09:24 AM - edited 2015-09-06 11:26 PM
Dear PowerShell community,
We are pleased to announce the availability of NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 4.0!
This exciting release unifies all three of NetApp’s PowerShell toolkits into a single package, with support for SANtricity, Data ONTAP and the all-new Mars OS platform. We believe that combining the toolkits will provide a unified automation experience across NetApp’s storage platforms, and greatly simplify our PowerShell offerings with a single installation.
• Unified installation package, with each of the following as optional modules:
- SANtricity PowerShell Toolkit
- Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit
- Mars OS PowerShell Toolkit
• Full API support for clustered Data ONTAP 8.3.1
SANtricity PowerShell Toolkit:
The SANtricity PowerShell module contains over 100 cmdlets enabling the storage administration of NetApp E-Series storage systems and EF- Series all-flash arrays. The SANtricity PowerShell module leverages the NetApp SANtricity Web Services Proxy to provide a distributed management solution. Use cases range from simple volume or disk monitoring to complex environment setup and tear down. By providing a rich object model, the Toolkit provides the PowerShell scripter with a wide range of insight into the storage objects. Major features include:
• Creating/deleting volume groups and pools
• Creating/deleting volumes
• Creating/deleting mirror groups, snapshots, consistency groups, etc.
• Host configuration
• Health and performance monitoring
Pricing: There is no charge for the toolkit and no license key is required.
Dependencies: The toolkit requires NetApp SANtricity Web Services Proxy 1.2 or later: http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/eseries_webservices/1.2/
Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit:
The NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 4.0 includes complete API coverage for clustered Data ONTAP 8.3.1 This includes 58 new cmdlets and 29 updates to existing cmdlets, bringing the total number of cmdlets (both 7-mode, Clustered-Mode and Windows automation cmdlets) to 1800!
Major features include
• Administering Data ONTAP storage from native Windows PowerShell
• Cmdlets to convert Virtual Machines from one format to another
• Other utility cmdlets
Check out the announcement on DataONTAP PowerShell Community for more details on the new features, or this article for a cool introduction to what you can achieve using the toolkit!
Mars OS PowerShell Toolkit:
The Mars OS PowerShell module contains 47 cmdlets that enable scripted administration of NetApp FlashRay all-flash storage systems. Typical use cases include storage provisioning and simple system configuration. Major features include:
• Creating/modifying/mapping/unmapping/deleting LUNs
• Creating/modifying/deleting initiator groups
• Configuration of cluster and service processor networking
• Monitoring shelf and SSD health