EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

SMIS Santricity ArrayMgmtUtil Error

coreywanless

Disclaimer: I am new to SMIS.

I am trying to add an e-series array to a newly built system.  I get the following error when trying to add one of our eseries boxes.  No google search has helped me.

[root@server array]# ./ArrayMgmtUtil -AddArray -l localhost:5988 -n root/netapp/santricity -u cwanles1 -p storeme -ArrayIP <ARRAYIP> -ArrayPass <SUPERSECRET>
Unsupported CIMOM namespace: root/netapp/santricity
Error connecting to CIMOM. Exiting...

2 REPLIES 2

ttran

Hi,

Your syntax is correct, the namespace and port is also correct. From the use of localhost as the CIMOM server IP that your SMIS Client & Server is one and the same; this is acceptable but raises the question of: do you have any other SMIS servers & clients already installed on your host?

Verify if the CIMOM service is actually running and listening on port 5988 as there are numerous java based applications that like to reserve port 5988 preventing our CIMOM from starting thus preventing the namespace from being created.

To start the CIMOM service run: cimserver

If the CIMOM service is loaded check the install logs SMIS plug-in to ensure there were no permission based issues that prohibited a complete install.

Another thing to consider is what OS did you install the SMIS plug-in on as an enterprise OS is required for it to function properly and non-enterprise OS is not-supported even if they are a spin-off distro of an enterprise OS, e.g. RHEL, Windows Server, SUSE are OK and Windows 7,8, Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS, etc... are NOT supported.

Regards,

Thanh Tran

Team NetApp

coreywanless

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I'm running on RHEL 7.0. 

I confirmed that the cimserver was running. I stopped the server, and checked netstat to make sure nothing was using 5988. I then started cimserver, and checked to make sure netstat again to make sure 5988 was being used by cimserver.

I did a reinstall, and there were no errors in the console. Is there another location for install logs?

[root@<SERVER> obj]# rpm -ivh netapp_array-10.34.0G00.0003-linux.x86_64.rpm
Preparing... ################################# [100%]
Updating / installing...
1:netapp_array-10.34.0G00.0003-linu################################# [100%]

*************************************************************************************************
Please run the command "source /root/.bashrc" to set the environment variables.
Please run /opt/netapp/pegasus/providers/array/userAuthentication.sh to enable authentication and adding user
*************************************************************************************************

CIM Server 2.13.0
Listening on HTTP port 5988.
Listening on HTTPS port 5989.
Listening on local connection socket.
Started.
Planned value for the property enableHttpsConnection is set to "true" in CIMServer.
Planned value for the property httpsPort is set to "5989" in CIMServer.
CIM Server stopped.
CIM Server 2.13.0
Listening on HTTP port 5988.
Listening on HTTPS port 5989.
Listening on local connection socket.
Started.

*******************************************************************************************
Manually add the array IPs to the /opt/netapp/pegasus/providers/array/ArrayHosts.txt file.
Please add only one controller IP per Storage Array
Then stop and start the cimserver
*******************************************************************************************

Public