EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

reset password santricity

cobion

Good day!

Set a new password for the administrator in santricity management, but the password does not match.

Question: how to reset or recover the password. ?  Storage configuration is already configured and you do not want it cause the default settings!

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

NAYABSK

Hi Cobion, 

Exit from all the sessions to Santricity, or SMCLI

Log in to the controller shell using rlogin or a serial connection (either controller works)

and follow the procedure as in this KB :- https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1013311&actp=LIST

Thanks,

Nayab

*** If my reply helped you to solve your issue, please help it to mark it as solution to help others with same issue***

NAYABSK

Hi Cobion,

May i know if you are able to reset the password ?

Thanks,

Nayab

*** If my reply helped you to solve your issue, please help it to mark it as solution to help others with same issue***

akw_white

Hi all

Old topic I know but it seems that KB article 1013311 isn't available at the moment. Is this procedure documented anywhere else?

Thanks

Adam

NAYABRSK

Hi Adam, 

The KB link has been updated. Please follow the link below.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/ka31A00000011zbQAA/services-partners-how-to-reset-clear-the-gui-password-on-e-series-arrays

Thanks,

Nayab

akw_white

Thanks Nayab. It's still not working for me... maybe it's a permissions issue?

NAYABRSK

Hi Adam, 

Yes, i see it is showing only for service partners.

Thanks,

Nayab

akw_white

Thanks. I'll follow up with my SE.

Regards

Adam

akw_white

OK the trick is even with the described process a normal user doesn't have access to make the change. Contact NetApp Support for remote assistance to fix this issue!

Digambar

I am not able to view this document.

You do not have permission to access this document. What I can do?

vivan

Only service partners and internal netapp employees can access the reset pw kb for this issue. Raise a ticket with the technical support team so you can be assisted.

Public