Subscribe

reset password santricity

Good day!

Set a new password for the administrator in santricity management, but the password does not match.

Question: how to reset or recover the password. ?  Storage configuration is already configured and you do not want it cause the default settings!

Thank you!

Re: reset password santricity

[ Edited ]

Hi Cobion, 

Exit from all the sessions to Santricity, or SMCLI

Log in to the controller shell using rlogin or a serial connection (either controller works)

and follow the procedure as in this KB :- https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1013311&actp=LIST

Thanks,

Nayab

*** If my reply helped you to solve your issue, please help it to mark it as solution to help others with same issue***

Hi Cobion,

May i know if you are able to reset the password ?

Thanks,

Nayab

*** If my reply helped you to solve your issue, please help it to mark it as solution to help others with same issue***

Hi all

Old topic I know but it seems that KB article 1013311 isn't available at the moment. Is this procedure documented anywhere else?

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam, 

The KB link has been updated. Please follow the link below.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/ka31A00000011zbQAA/services-partners-how-to-reset-clear-the-gui-password-on-e-series-arrays

Thanks,

Nayab

Thanks Nayab. It's still not working for me... maybe it's a permissions issue?

Hi Adam, 

Yes, i see it is showing only for service partners.

Thanks,

Nayab

Thanks. I'll follow up with my SE.

Regards

Adam

OK the trick is even with the described process a normal user doesn't have access to make the change. Contact NetApp Support for remote assistance to fix this issue!