How to remove snapmirror broken-off relationship?

by on ‎2011-07-04 10:24 PM - edited on ‎2014-09-26 11:58 AM by Community Manager

hi, all

filer02*> snapmirror status

Snapmirror is on.

Source                Destination                State          Lag        Status

filer01:archive         filer02:archive                 Broken-off     606:00:59  Idle

but the volume "archive" on the destination storage filer02 has already been deleted..........

so could you tell me how to delete this broken-off snapmirror relationship?

waiting onine...............

Comments

filer01 likely has a snapshot for the mirror... if you run "snap list archive" on filer01, you will see the snapshot you can delete which will clear this.  If not, it can be a snapmirror.conf entry or a registry state entry (not likely) which would require support to walk you through fixing... but in this case almost positive it is a snapshot on filer01 with the snapmirror status.

hi,Scott

thanks for your reply. yes, there is indeed a snapshot containing the keyword "snapmirror" as below, but I can't delete this because the same source "filer01:archive" is replicated to another desitnation volume

filer01> snap list archive
Volume archive
working...

%/used       %/total  date          name
----------  ----------  ------------  --------
  0% ( 0%)    0% ( 0%)  Jul 04 23:06  hotnew        
  0% ( 0%)    0% ( 0%)  Jul 04 22:30  filer02(0135033979)_archive_mirror.16276 (snapmirror)
  0% ( 0%)    0% ( 0%)  Jul 04 00:01  weekly.0      
38% (38%)   20% (20%)  Jun 27 00:00  weekly.1 

filer02*> snapmirror status

Snapmirror is on.

Source                Destination                State          Lag        Status

filer01:archive         filer02:archive              Broken-off     606:00:59  Idle

filer01:archive         filer02:archive_mirror       Snapmirrored   00:30:59   Idle

hi,Scott

Yes,resoveld! thanks!

I didn;t notice that there is an entry in  snapmirror.conf. I checked it agian and deleted, then it works!

thanks very much for your help!

Hi all. I saw this post and helped me to solve my problem. But a funny thing happened to me, I tell you.

I have snapmirrors between A and B, but occasionally, I must change the direction when switching service, in such cases, what I do is "snapmirror break X" on the slave and "SnapMirror resync-S Origin:X Destination:X ". This leaves a SnapMirror on the slave as broken-off, the master removes it automatically. After remove the slave everything is perfect. Later I go back to change direction again, but in this case to repeat the process, appear both, the slave and master in both senses of snapirror, but only works the new one and the old one (one on each filer, before only appeared in the slave whitch had been broken-off). There should be a more effective way to change a SnapMirror direction does not involve deleting the old one. Do You know if this is possible?

Thanks

Warning!

This NetApp Community is public and open website that is indexed by search engines such as Google. Participation in the NetApp Community is voluntary. All content posted on the NetApp Community is publicly viewable and available. This includes the rich text editor which is not encrypted for https.

In accordance to our Code of Conduct and Community Terms of Use DO NOT post or attach the following:

• Software files (compressed or uncompressed)
  • Files that require an End User License Agreement (EULA)
  • Confidential information
  • Personal data you do not want publicly available
  • Another’s personally identifiable information
  • Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner

Files and content that do not abide by the Community Terms of Use or Code of Conduct will be removed. Continued non-compliance may result in NetApp Community account restrictions or termination.