Storage Calculator in a spreadsheet

by on ‎2012-06-25 04:50 PM - edited on ‎2015-03-17 06:39 AM by Community Manager

I created this spreadsheet to help make provisioning decisions. It matches the supported NetApp tools I've seen but didn't have access to. It only has 2040 and 3240 support right now but different models could be added easily. To get the capacity number close to what DFM reports I added a 'fudge' factor at D16 that can be tweaked to make the math more or less conservative.

The blue fields are drop downs and the green fields are numeric input. I set a password on the sheet to protect the structure. The password ('netapp') is listed at the bottom but could be changed and removed if desired.

One of the most useful fields is 'last_rg_disks' at B15 which tells you the number of disks that will be in the last raid group if all disks are added to an aggregate without specific distribution.

Comments

sorry this is not an e-series calc sheet - it's for FAS-Systems - the label on this article is wrong and also the spreadsheet itself is outdated since there's a great tool within utility toolchest on netapp support site - please mark as outdated

thanks!

-AJ

allison Former NetApp Employee

@HONIG2012 Thanks for letting us know. We will move it to the appropriate area.

Thank you AJ!

Warning!

This NetApp Community is public and open website that is indexed by search engines such as Google. Participation in the NetApp Community is voluntary. All content posted on the NetApp Community is publicly viewable and available. This includes the rich text editor which is not encrypted for https.

In accordance to our Code of Conduct and Community Terms of Use DO NOT post or attach the following:

• Software files (compressed or uncompressed)
  • Files that require an End User License Agreement (EULA)
  • Confidential information
  • Personal data you do not want publicly available
  • Another’s personally identifiable information
  • Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner

Files and content that do not abide by the Community Terms of Use or Code of Conduct will be removed. Continued non-compliance may result in NetApp Community account restrictions or termination.