ONTAP Hardware

Adding a second DS2246 shelf to a FAS3210

BITBUCKET

I'm new at this so please be patient.

I added a second shelf to an existing FAS3210. On the original configuration there was a single FC cable from the 3210 to the shelf, I basically daisy chained to the second shelf and ran another FC to the 3210, as per the wiring instructions. I then changed the shelf ID from 00 (used by the original) to 01.

Short story short I can't see the drives. Executing 'sysconfig' I can see them (slot 0: SAS Host Adapter 0a 48 disks; 26880.0GB, or double of previous count/capacity), executing 'disk show -n', which should show the new disks, doesn't show anything.

What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aborzenkov

So they were used by another system indeed. You need to force assign them to local controller. disk assign xx.xx -f. Double check disk names so you won’t accidentally assign partner disks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

May be disks were already used by another system; try “disk show -v”.

BITBUCKET

Owner and home for all new drives is listed as a number in parentesis, (15743576604)

aborzenkov

So they were used by another system indeed. You need to force assign them to local controller. disk assign xx.xx -f. Double check disk names so you won’t accidentally assign partner disks.

BITBUCKET

That was it! Thanks a lot.

Public