ONTAP Hardware

Config Advisor 4.7 - supplying incorrect Risk - per Netapp (2006721857)

Skip_Horn

See attachment for Risk passed- all looks aok to me - confirmed by Netapp (2006721857) - Config Afvisor is giving inaccurate information. I was directly to Community - was told Config Advisor is now controlled/run by Comunity.

Impact Level:

High Impact

Category:

Broadcast Domain Configuration Check

Rule Target:

Cluster

Rick/Description:

Checks if Broadcast Domain is correctly configured.

Details:

For lif san-nar01-cif99 : Home port, current port and subnet are not in the same Broadcast Domain. Lif should not have different broadcast domain for home port, current port and subnet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skip_Horn

Thanks for the contact.

It appears to me that the case I opened with Netapp on the config advisor alert - should have automatically prompted Netapp to Open a case under Config Adivsor on my behalf - instead of telling me they do not support the product and automatically closing out the case?

Of did they do the proper action and point me to Netapp Community for help?

I will also pass on  - that when you try and Open a case - it shoudl inform the user they need to be a Netapp Partner or Netapp Employee and it should also state where the end user shoudld go to pass on a problem encountered.

Someone changed something - I went to Config Advisor Help to document the process to hopefully have some additiional text added on who can Open a Support Ticket and now after logging in with my netapp USERID - I am in???  Perhaps they are now allowing all customers with a Netapp Userid?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

andris

In the Config Advisor tool, go to the Help menu and select "Open Support Ticket".

You can describe the issue and attach any relevant files.

Skip_Horn

Tried Help on Config Advisor 4.7 - receie the following:"

Server Error in '/Ticketing' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.<DetermineAddedUsers>b__4(FuzeUser x) +0
   System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.ComputeKeys(TElement[] elements, Int32 count) +146
   System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count) +37
   System.Linq.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext() +225
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +471
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +79
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.DetermineAddedUsers(Boolean isNewTicket, Boolean includeOldUsers) +1326
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.InitializeNotificationsFieldView(Boolean isNewTicket, TicketRole maxUserRole, Boolean isOwner) +89
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.OnViewInitialized() +169
   NetApp.Web.UI.Fuze.Ticketing.TicketPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\pipelines\Track\NetApp.Web.UI.Fuze\Ticketing\Ticket.aspx.cs:1899
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3047

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1            

andris

That's strange.. Help -> Open Support Ticket should bring up this page:

https://track.netapp.com/Ticket/config-advisor/30

Try this link, Skip.

Skip_Horn

I get the following trying the link:

Server Error in '/Ticketing' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.<DetermineAddedUsers>b__4(FuzeUser x) +0
   System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.ComputeKeys(TElement[] elements, Int32 count) +146
   System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count) +37
   System.Linq.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext() +225
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +471
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +79
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.DetermineAddedUsers(Boolean isNewTicket, Boolean includeOldUsers) +1326
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.InitializeNotificationsFieldView(Boolean isNewTicket, TicketRole maxUserRole, Boolean isOwner) +89
   NetApp.Fuze.Modules.Ticketing.Presenters.TicketNotificationsPresenter.OnViewInitialized() +169
   NetApp.Web.UI.Fuze.Ticketing.TicketPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\pipelines\Track\NetApp.Web.UI.Fuze\Ticketing\Ticket.aspx.cs:1899
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3047

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Skip_Horn

Tried Mozilla - crome and ie - same results.  I get the netapp Logon Page - then an entitlement screen pops up twice - then I get the exception.

Skip_Horn

I opened a ticket with Netapp  - they do not support Config Advisor - offered no email or phone number to contact anyone that supports config advisor.

andris

Hi Skip,

My apologies... it turns out that "submit ticket" link is only available to NetApp partners or employees.

In the future, if you have a favorite partner or NetApp employee, they can submit on your behalf.

If you want to get this filed right away, you can send the details to Yogindra.kannukere@netapp.com 

Thanks,

-Andris

Skip_Horn

Thanks for the contact.

It appears to me that the case I opened with Netapp on the config advisor alert - should have automatically prompted Netapp to Open a case under Config Adivsor on my behalf - instead of telling me they do not support the product and automatically closing out the case?

Of did they do the proper action and point me to Netapp Community for help?

I will also pass on  - that when you try and Open a case - it shoudl inform the user they need to be a Netapp Partner or Netapp Employee and it should also state where the end user shoudld go to pass on a problem encountered.

Someone changed something - I went to Config Advisor Help to document the process to hopefully have some additiional text added on who can Open a Support Ticket and now after logging in with my netapp USERID - I am in???  Perhaps they are now allowing all customers with a Netapp Userid?

Public