2016-06-03 05:36 AM - edited 2016-06-05 11:44 PM
I have a fas 8060 cluster 8.3.2 with FC connection LACP 10 g. By the client side we use Ubuntu 14.4 NFS shares. When I test my connection with fio performance test the iops and disk IO workloads I have low througputs than I had expected. I have attached the outputs from sysstat -x , port utilizations and perfstat during the process to the message.
I have 800-900 mb/s with 1 client and 1100-1200 mb/s with 2 client connections. But this values has decreased dramatically to 500-600 mb/s in a few minutes. I am not waiting 2gb/s
throughput but this values is unacceptable. I have already checked the switch,cabling,etc. but I didn't find any solution. I have moved the volume to SAS and SSD but I have the same result.
Can someone help me? I dont know was I will exact looking or testing?
2016-06-03 06:24 AM
I don't see any attachments on your post.
Please give us more information:
- What is the output of following command during the performance reduction?
::> set advanced
::> dashboard performance show
node shell: "sysstat -x 1", "sysstat -m 1" and "sysconfig -r"
::> statistics show-periodic -node -object nfsv3 -instance -counter nfsv3_ops| nfsv3_read_ops| nfsv3_write_ops| nfsv3_throughput| write_avg_latency| read_avg_latency| write_percent| read_percent
--- change nfsv3 to nfsv4 if you use nfsv4
- Do you have one lif per node ?
- How much volumes and aggregates do you use for the test ? (disk type, disk count)
- Any flash accelerator in use ?
- FIO config files
2016-06-05 11:43 PM
Now we have extra workloads on the System like CIFS share etc. I can provide the outputs of commands but I think that will not help to you.
I have attached the logs,when the problem has first time appeared. I have already tried to change to nfs version, but it didn't help.
2016-06-07 07:02 AM
The most interesting information will be:
- the layout of the aggregates (output: sysconfig -r)
- the count of volumes and aggregates per node which are used for the tests (parallelization is important, because of the many cores...)
- how much transfers from how much server and how long
- output fio config file to know the workload & statistics show-periodic
- is it a synthetic workload or a real life workload ?
- "... but this values is unacceptable" What did you expect ?
Please also open a case and call your partner to recheck the tests.