ONTAP Hardware

FAS3240----DS4243

Wilco

hello all,

i have a FAS3240 with a DS4243 with 4 drive

i have a problem memby can some one help me?

The system sees four disks, but when I want zero them the systeems  says that there are not enough disks in the DS4243.

ds4243.JPG

what to do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wilco

probleem solved after the disk unfail

Thanks Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

paulstringfellow

first question is why are the disks showing as failed?

next question is are those disks allocated to an aggregate already - to zero them, they need to be spare drives.

don't know if that helps at all - but if you can answer those questions - we can go from there..

Wilco

@paulstringfellow wrote:

first question is why are the disks showing as failed?                           dont know why there failed.

next question is are those disks allocated to an aggregate already     yes is think so.

to zero them, they need to be spare drives.                                         how to do that?

don't know if that helps at all - but if you can answer those questions - we can go from there..

paulstringfellow

ok, so before you do anything else it maybe worth raising a NetApp support case to look at those drives flagged as failed.

if the disks are part of an aggregate then they can't be zeroed anyway, they would have to be removed from the aggregate, the only way to do this is destry the aggregate unfortanately.

so maybe need to go back to the start and ask, what is it your trying to do, why do you need to zero those disks?

shatfield

It appears that you have a shelf with only 4 drives in it.  Is this a lab box?  

If so, you would have to assume ownership of the drives from the maintenance prompt, unfail them, and destroy any aggregates they were assign to.  Then you can reinstall ontap, assuming the drives were even functional.  

Wilco

probleem solved after the disk unfail

Thanks Smiley Happy

Public