a week ago - last edited a week ago
I have a FAS8040 with cDOT 8.3 called FAS14
I have setup failoverr of LIFs in the following way:
1. created a LIF for CIFS using e3b of node1 of FAS14
2. set up failover policy as user-defined on that LIF
3. created a failover-group FOG-CIFS for the SVM CIFS with e3b of node1 and e3b of node2 in it
Currently, the user-fail-overgoup of the LIFs is seen as unused. Do i have to change it to "enbaled" ? If so, how can i that ?
Do i have to do something more for failover ?
I did the same for a SVM for NFS.
Question: When e3B of node1 goes down, does e3b of node2 takes over automatically using this setup ?
Or do i need interface groups for failover and a separate Ipspace and broadcast group ?
a week ago
There's a lot that goes into failover LIFs, failover groups, etc. I'd recommend jumping to page 69 of the following:
That will explain the concepts in a lot more detail than can be easily done here and it'll make sure you don't lose data connectivity in a failover and/or other failure.
Hope that helps!
a week ago
I looked into this document for V 8.3 :2 remarks:
1. it does not speak anymùr about use-failover-group. ?????
2. As long as the default failover group exists holding all the ports, the failover goes wrong if it takes this a wrong port. I cannot remove ports from this failover group..... and i cannot delete the Default failover group.
3. Does this mean that user-defined failover-groups have alwqys prefenrence over the default failover group ?