ONTAP Hardware

Fas2240-4 Fas controller hangs at login with system oncommand system manager

bcraamdeco

I have a Fas2240-4 FAS controller that's hanging when I try to login with the system oncommand system manager. I was trying to resize a NFS share, but when I started the wizard at the first screen on next. It was hanging at Loading.

I wasn't able to do anything, also couldn't see any snapshot copies and stuff like that.

What can I do? Because this controller is at a production scene, can i reboot the controller on the fly? and what kind of command do I have to use, so the VM's connected to this controller can't go down.

kind regards,

1 REPLY 1

RUTURAJ_PIMPARKAR

Hello,

First thing try reinstalling system manager and se if it works. Check if you are using latest version of systems manager.

Also check if you have sufficient hardware resources memory/processing power to run Systems manager on the machine u have installed systems manager.

The other better way to manage your Netapp storage is via CLI. If you are comfortable with linux OS , you could try setting up a admin host for your filers.

You can have secure ssh sessions from admin host to manage your filers.

There are a lot of documents available for setting up netapp admin hosts.

Also I dont think its your filer thats hanging, unless its heavily loaded than it can handle. I assume its the systems manager software or the system running it is the culprit.

You can also try directly loging into the filer via putty / console and run sysstat -m to see overall CPU load on the filer. If you are seeing cpu loads > 90% than it could cause filer to respond slowly. I am sure  you dont want to unnecessarily reboot your production filer and take down time.

Public