ONTAP Hardware

How to check my netapp storage Serial Number

HENRY_WANG

I want to know my netapp storage serial number , I connect this device via it's management IP , then I login the web page ,but can't find where's the SN.

I'm on a local office ,and my device is in my IDC room ,so I only use the web manage it .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Drew_C

We've come a long way since this question was asked, and the responses offered aren't necessarily the most accurate anymore. For those who arrive here via search, the best solution can be found in our knowledge base.

How to Identify the Serial Number for my ONTAP Platform?

Community Manager \\ NetApp

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CHANDRAREDDY

Hi,

can you putty to the filer?

use sysconfig -a command to get the info about controllers, which includes serial number as well.

HENRY_WANG

thanks for your respon。

发自我的 iPhone

在 2014年7月24日,21:08,CHANDRAREDDY <xdl-communities@communities.netapp.com> 写道:

Re: How to check my netapp storage Serial Number

created by CHANDRAREDDY in FAS and V-Series Storage Systems - View the full discussion

Hi,

can you putty to the filer?

use sysconfig -a command to get the info about controllers, which includes serial number as well.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on NetApp Community

Start a new discussion in FAS and V-Series Storage Systems by email or at NetApp Community

JOHNBHOLA

Hi,

User sysconfig -a command

the third line of this command out put is system serial number.

Regards,

Bhola Gond

HENRY_WANG

thanks

发自我的 iPhone

在 2014年7月24日,21:24,JOHNBHOLA <xdl-communities@communities.netapp.com> 写道:

Re: How to check my netapp storage Serial Number

created by JOHNBHOLA in FAS and V-Series Storage Systems - View the full discussion

Hi,

User sysconfig -a command

the third line of this command out put is system serial number.

Regards,

Bhola Gond

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on NetApp Community

Start a new discussion in FAS and V-Series Storage Systems by email or at NetApp Community

Drew_C

We've come a long way since this question was asked, and the responses offered aren't necessarily the most accurate anymore. For those who arrive here via search, the best solution can be found in our knowledge base.

How to Identify the Serial Number for my ONTAP Platform?

Community Manager \\ NetApp
Public