ONTAP Hardware

Low Battery Notification FAS 3240

syedkhan

Hello All,

I have FAS 3240 Cluster and one of the controller is giving me messages that 

Netappctrl1 monitor.nvramLowBatteries:alert]: NVRAM batteries are dangerously low.

Netappctrl1 monitor.nvramLowBatteries.notice:notice]: If the NVRAM batteries are "" dangerously low, the system shuts down automatically "" every 24 hours to encourage you to replace them. "" If you reboot the system it will run for another "" 24 hours before shutting down.

Netappctrl1 monitor.shutdown.nvramLowBatteries.pending:warning]: NVRAM batteries are dangerously low. Halting system in 24 hours. Replace the batteries immediately!

I completely  understand that I will have to replace the NVRAM battery and I have also refered the Kb article on Netapp which is failry easy to understand except a single thing which I want to confirm

https://www.buyfromnorbain.com/Documents/ocw/0539740~Document~1.pdf

I need to check how many modules I have for NVRAM inside Netapp 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YIshikawa

Just prepare spare NVMEM battery which is supplied by NetApp, and follow instructions. Part number is X3148A-R6.

NVMEM battery module is not a bunch of battery cells. It has intelligent circuit inside and controls itself. Do not use any other battery cells or modules. Use of insufficient battery may break your controller.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

aborzenkov

There is single NVRAM battery inside FAS controller.

YIshikawa

only one NVMEM battery inside. Call to NetAppand request NVMEM battery of correct type.

syedkhan

Since I dont have the Netapp support, I will replace the battery my self. Can you guys point me into the right direction how can it be replaced ? 

YIshikawa

Just prepare spare NVMEM battery which is supplied by NetApp, and follow instructions. Part number is X3148A-R6.

NVMEM battery module is not a bunch of battery cells. It has intelligent circuit inside and controls itself. Do not use any other battery cells or modules. Use of insufficient battery may break your controller.

gcvalencia_03

Hi Guys,

Do you have datasheet stating the lifetime/ expiration of this particular NVRAM Battery part number?

X3148A-R6

RPHELANIN

just double check you have not hit this bug

http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=536445

syedkhan

It was working since 4 years and the problem has been started just before 2 days .

RPHELANIN

from the sp run system battery show and confirm you are on the latest firmware release. If the system is running for 4 years and you havent updated the firmware there is a chance you could be hitting hte bug

Public