ONTAP Hardware

No console output on FAS3020

ProfessorHua

I have just inherited a couple of FAS3020 arrays. I powered them on and there are no status alerts. The problem is that there is no output from the console port on either array. I have tried using both PuTTY and Tera Term at 9600 8-n-1. The terminal window stays blank for both arrays. Am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3

HONIG2012

do you have the correct serial cable - perhaps that could be an issue - do you to have filers where you can try -

are they "cleared", so in a factory reset state or is the system already running?

-AJ

georgevj

Hope the serial cable is in good condition. Is there a chance that you can get the credentials and IP address of the RLM?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

ProfessorHua

Thank you for the responses. Instead of using the USB to DB9 cable, I found a computer that still had a DB9 port. I was able to console successfully from that PC. Strange thing is that I have been able to use the USB to DB9 converter without any problems on our Cisco gear.

Thanks again!

Public