ONTAP Hardware

SSH disconnects after 60mins - unexpectedly closed network connection

GREG_WALKER

Hi all,

I've got an issue across all 4 of our v3240 filers (2 HA pairs).  I am connecting to them via ssh, using public key encryption to authenticate to root account without any isue.  I can work with the filers for exactly an hour, before I get booed out of my ssh session with "Server unexpectedly closed network connection".  This happens with both Putty and Kitty ssh clients, and I have disabled all the autologout options i can find, and set all timeouts to over 60mins, but it is still disconnecting me.  It happens regardless of activity within the session, sometimes I am in the middle of entering commands when it kicks me out. 

toaster> options autologout

autologout.console.enable    off        (value might be overwritten in takeover)

autologout.console.timeout   540        (value might be overwritten in takeover)

autologout.telnet.enable     off        (value might be overwritten in takeover)

autologout.telnet.timeout    2880       (value might be overwritten in takeover)

toaster> options ssh

ssh.access                   *

ssh.enable                   on

ssh.idle.timeout             31536000

ssh.passwd_auth.enable       on

ssh.port                     22

ssh.pubkey_auth.enable       on

ssh1.enable                  off

ssh2.enable                  on

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RAESIDEPAUL

open putty > got to change settings > connection > ssh > kex  change "Max Minutes before rekey (0 for no limit)" to 0 for no limit. I bet yours is set to 60 right now...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Public