ONTAP Hardware

Takeover of the partner node is impossible due to lack of connectivity to the partner mailbox

Takeover

Hello everybody,

I work on a NetApp Filer, I encounter a problem since the Filer was rebooted, the log messages that appear on the screen of my computer which is connected to the Netapp Filer is :

Takeover of the partner node is impossible due to lack of connectivity to the partner mailbox disks.

and

cf.fsm.takeoverByPartnerDisabled:notice]: Cluster monitor: takeover of <hostname of my filer> by partner disabled (interconnect error)

What it means ? I don't understand.

How I can troubleshoot it ?

Thak you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

YIshikawa
Former message suggests that one side of HA pair have no storage path(SAS or FC) to mailbox of another node.
Later means something wrong with HA interconnect.

More detail is needed. Why your filer reboots? Which model of filer and version of Data ONTAP are you using? Any clue in messages or ems?
Are both nodes running well now? Log into both nodes through e0M, SP, or serial and check state of both nodes.

Takeover
More detail is needed. Why your filer reboots? Which model of filer and version of Data ONTAP are you using? Any clue in messages or ems?
Are both nodes running well now? Log into both nodes through e0M, SP, or serial and check state of both nodes. 

I have been studying in a master degree in information technology.

I work in an environment of test, and I was absent so someone stop the filer because of the noise.

It's a FAS2050 and for the Data ONTAP how I can obtain the version ?

I work only on 1 filer, so I tried to inactivate the partner mailbox but the command was not available in the Maintenance Mode.

YIshikawa
Version of Data ONTAP can be determined by "version" command.
BTW, this sort of problem may be brought by some hardware issue, and it is hard to resolve in forum discussion. If you have valid support contract, it is better to open a case with NetApp tech support.

MDBigBoy

Did the filer reboot because of an NVRAM card error.  Your interconnects come off that card.  Is this 7-mode or cdot?  What errors are in the event log or messages file prior to the reboot?

Public