ONTAP Hardware

Windows host connected to iSCSI lun takes around 40 mins to reboot

shashidhargc

Hi,

One of my customers is facing an issue with Windows host connected to Netapp FAS2050 over iSCSI.

When the host is rebooted with the LUN mapped and online, the host takes around 40 minutes to reboot.

If the LUN is taken offline and host is rebooted, it takes only 3 to 4 mins.

Can anyone please help with this to why this could be happening?

Regards,

Shashi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shashidhargc

After logging a case with Netapp Support, found the issue was specific only that windows host and its network.

The problem is solved after re installing OS on the host and the mapped the LUNs and it absolutely fine now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

alaa_samarji

logically its like rebooting your PC while your drive D is up and running and than after reboot need to remask back to windows and make all consistency checks and stuff...

booting and shutting down is always performed in a certain sequence. if your customer is taking 40 minutes to get back in other systems it never come back until your restart the entire volume.

shashidhargc

After logging a case with Netapp Support, found the issue was specific only that windows host and its network.

The problem is solved after re installing OS on the host and the mapped the LUNs and it absolutely fine now.

alaa_samarji

that is great, newer ontap versions have alot of improvements on this subject, i would advise moving to latest ontap version by flipping that box to a new fas2200 series.

alaa_samarji

that is great, newer ontap versions have alot of improvements on this subject, i would advise moving to latest ontap version by flipping that box to a new fas2200 series.

Public