Subscribe

Add-NaCifsShare Bug?

Trying to create some cifs shares for some VMWare NFS volumes, and am getting an error, only when I actualy run the comand. The -whatif works fine-

PS I:\> Get-NaVol VM* | foreach-object{Add-NaCifsShare $_.name /vol/$._name -whatif}

What if: Adding CIFS share VMDS_ARCHIVE.

What if: Adding CIFS share VMDS_D1.

What if: Adding CIFS share VMDS_D2.

What if: Adding CIFS share VMDS_D3.

What if: Adding CIFS share VMDS_D4.

PS I:\> Get-NaVol VM* | foreach-object{Add-NaCifsShare $_.name /vol/$._name}

Add-NaCifsShare : Could not find file 'C:\Users\jlundfelt\AppData\Local\Temp\0qbjxocu.dll'.

At line:1 char:47

+ Get-NaVol VM* | foreach-object{Add-NaCifsShare <<<<  $_.name /vol/$._name}

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (irv-san-na1.corp.com:NaController) [Add-NaCifsShare], FileNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.AddNaCifsShare

Add-NaCifsShare : Could not find file 'C:\Users\jlundfelt\AppData\Local\Temp\jjlglfci.dll'.

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (irv-san-na1.corp.com:NaController) [Add-NaCifsShare], FileNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.AddNaCifsShare

Add-NaCifsShare : Could not find file 'C:\Users\jlundfelt\AppData\Local\Temp\qqol64ld.dll'.

Add-NaCifsShare : Could not find file 'C:\Users\jlundfelt\AppData\Local\Temp\9cpfup4c.dll'.

Add-NaCifsShare : Could not find file 'C:\Users\jlundfelt\AppData\Local\Temp\4oqyok4n.dll'.

Anyone else run into this? I'm gonna have to do it w/o powershell now

Add-NaCifsShare Bug?

That looks like an issue with the just-in-time .NET serialization mechanism.  We know this happens if you load the DataONTAP module with the -Verbose switch, but that's not something we can fix.  Can you let us know which version of Windows, .NET, and the Toolkit you are using?

Add-NaCifsShare Bug?

Wow, you are fast!

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise

Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

As for .NET version(s) my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup export shows-

Version="2.0.50727.5420"
Version="3.0.30729.5420"
Version="3.0.4506.5420"
Version="3.0.6920.5011"
Version="3.5.30729.5420"
Version="4.0.30319"

Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit, version 1.4.0.122.

Thanks!

-Jon

Add-NaCifsShare Bug?

I just installed 1.5, and this syntax worked-

get-navol vm* | foreach-object{Add-NaCifsShare $_.name /vol/$_}

Thanks for all the cool work w/ the toolkit, its awesome!

Add-NaCifsShare Bug?

Excellent, thanks for that, Jon.  Glad you like the Toolkit.