Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Cmdlets - SSP 2.0

richardline

Hello,

Running the following scenario at the moment;

• Server Core 2008 R2 w/ Hyper-V
  • System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1
  • System Center SSP 2.0 SP1 (installed on SCVMM server)
  • System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cu4
  • NetApp filer - not sure of exact version because the storage guy has just left - but he reviewed requirements and said it was fine

Standard SSP 2.0 provisioning is working fine using the default scripts and templates via SCVMM.

On the SCVMM/SSP server I have the OnCommand Cmdlets installed and added to the host Powershell profile. I have used the NetApp scripts provided and added them to the customised actions in SSP. The SCVMM server has a library share with a generalised VHD and template. All LUNs have been created on the same volume, including the library share that hosts the VHD. For info - the library share is a pass through disk.

When creating a VM in SSP specifying the NetApp ONTapCreateVM.txt and ONTapCreateVMLocked.txt scripts I get the following error;

Operation failed. Exiting progress message processing. Status TemplateCloneEngine::Clone: ValidateVHDDiskPaths failed reason Validate VHD path found that following VHD paths are not on NetApp LUN L:\TemplateVHDs\disk1.vhd

This runs for approx 5 seconds before being generated.

I have attached the WebService.log file.

Appreciate I may not have covered the environment in much detail - but feel free to ask and I'll give more information?

Kind Regards

28 REPLIES 28
Public