Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Collect system logs with powershell

papersaltserver

Hello,

I want to collect logs from my FAS8040 in cluster mode for audit purposes. The only suitable cmdlet I've found is Get-NaSystemLog, which is not suitalbe for cluster mode. Is there any way to collect logs from powershel, without sending them via syslog, or email? Which cmdlet should I use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

The equivalent to "event log show" on the cluster is the Get-NcEmsMessage cmdlet.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

asulliva

The equivalent to "event log show" on the cluster is the Get-NcEmsMessage cmdlet.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

GLENYU5820
Hi Andrew, Possible to collect other logs beside ems ? such as sktlogd.log Thanks Glen

asulliva

Hi Glen,

Yes, you can use the "Read-NcFile" cmdlet so long as you know the full path to the file...

Read-NcFile -VserverContext $NodeName -Path /vol/vol0/etc/log/mlog/sktlogd.log

Vidad Cosonok has a very useful listing of the files in /etc/log and /etc/log/mlog here.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

GLENYU5820
Hi Andrew, Confirmed it works. Thanks Glen
Public