Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Copy an export policy via PowerShell

rcharlie

I have a customer that has asked for a script to make a backup copy of their export policies every night (and keep 30 days).

I told them this would be easy - until I had a problem finding a cmdlet to make a copy of an export policy.  We can copy an export policy through the command line.  But I can't find the equivalent PowerShell commands to do this.  Am I missing something with the *-NCExportPolicy cmdlets?

(Just the same, we can copy quota policies via the command line and through the copy-ncquotapolicy cmdlet.  Is there an equivalent for export policies?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

There are some scripts for export/backup of export and share policies here.  At the core, you need to use the Get-NcExportPolicy and Get-NcExportPolicyRule cmdlets.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JGPSHNTAP

^^ I learned to not say "yes i can do that easily" with cDOT cmdlets b/c the 7-mode cmdlets i found were easily to adapt too.

If you make headway, let me know.

asulliva

There are some scripts for export/backup of export and share policies here.  At the core, you need to use the Get-NcExportPolicy and Get-NcExportPolicyRule cmdlets.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

rcharlie

Thanks for the quick reply Andrew.

Public