Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Data migration using ndmpcopy from cdot to cdot

Shailen_singh

I am trying make a powershell script to move data from QC to Production  using powershell and Invoke-NaNdmpCopy utility.

My environment is  Fas8040 NetApp Release 8.3: Mon Mar 09 23:01:28 PDT 2015

In my script I have the following steps  and I am using the KB ID 1013825

Import-Module DataOnTap

#========================================================

$user = "admin"
$password = ConvertTo-SecureString "xxxxxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -Force
$cred = New-Object -TypeName System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -ArgumentList $user,$password
$filer = "cluster1"
$C = connect-nccontroller $filer -https -credential $cred

$srccred = new-object -typename System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist "ndmpuser", (ConvertTo-SecureString "xxxxxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -Force)
$dstcred = new-object -typename System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist "ndmpuser", (ConvertTo-SecureString "xxxxxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -Force)

Invoke-NaNdmpCopy x.x.x.x /vserver/source_volume_name x.x.x.x /vserver/distination_volume_name -SrcCredential $srccred -SrcAuthType md5 -DstCredential $dstcred -DstAuthType md5 -level 0

I get the following error

Invoke-NaNdmpCopy : Exception from ndmp message DATA_START_RECOVER: An error occured: ILLEGAL_ARGS_ERR.
At line:1 char:1
+ Invoke-NaNdmpCopy x.x.x.x /vserver/source_volume_name x.x.x.x /igskbthif ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Invoke-NaNdmpCopy], NdmpMessageException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NDMP error,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Ndmp.InvokeNaNdmpCopy

2 REPLIES 2

mcgue
The cmdlet you are using is 7-mode. Each cdot cmdlet contains Nc instead of Na.

vCosonok

Hello Shailen,

Did you get this working?

I was trying to get it working from cDOT to cDOT, and stumbled across this post (was getting the same error as you). I think you're just missing a backslash after the volume name, so the below should work:

Invoke-NaNdmpCopy x.x.x.x /vserver/source_volume_name/ x.x.x.x /vserver/distination_volume_name/ -SrcCredential $srccred -SrcAuthType md5 -DstCredential $dstcred -DstAuthType md5 -level 0

I've definately had this working against my 8.3.2 SIMs.

Cheers,

VC

Public