Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

ERROR when using Set-NcAutoSupportConfig

PADMANTECH

Hello Good People,

I am trying to set the AutoSupport Configuration via powershell but every combination I try with the cmdlet "Set-NcAutoSupportConfig" does not work. I have also tried the example in the get-help section which does not work. We are using ONTAP 8.2.1 and PowerShell toolkit version:

PS H:\> Get-NaToolkitVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision

-----  -----  -----  --------

3      1      1      181    

Here is the error i am getting:

PS H:\> Set-NcAutoSupportConfig Cluster1-01 -RetryCount 15

Set-NcAutoSupportConfig : Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: input

At line:1 char:1

+ Set-NcAutoSupportConfig Cluster1-01 -RetryCount 15

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-NcAutoSupportConfig], ArgumentNullException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentNullException,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Autosupport.SetNcAutosupportConfig

Any help most welcome.

Many thanks,

Jason

6 REPLIES 6

NICKBARTON

Jason,

You don't have an active session to the cluster/node in question. You need to use Connect-NcController first, then you can begin to use other commandlets against that active session.

Thank You,

Nick

PADMANTECH

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me however i am certain that i am connected to the controller as i can issue other cmdlets such as Get-NcVol before and after i try to issued the Set-NcAutoSupportConfig cmdlet. I have also tried connecting directly to the Node IP address instead of the Cluster IP address but still not joy.

If you are able to run the Set-NcAutoSupportConfig cmdlet against any version of ONTAP with the same ToolKit version 3.1.1 i'd be keen to hear about it as I believe it must be a bug of some kind. For the moment i've a work around using the Invoke-NcSsh cmdlet using the native cDOT commands but would still like to find out why i am getting this error.

Really appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,

Jason

NICKBARTON

Jason,

Not sure what is going on then I have pasted my versions below. I was able to pull information for all six nodes in my cluster I tested against.

Major  Minor  Build  Revision

-----  -----  -----  --------

3      1      1      181

Cluster Version 8.2.1

Powershell 4.0

Thank You,

Nick

PADMANTECH

Hi Nick,

We have identical config. You mentioned Pull (Get) information however I am trying to Set the information. Are you able to try and use the Set-NcAutoSupportConfig cmdlet to apply the same information to see if it works?

Many thanks,

Jason

coreywanless

I'm having the same issue as well, and have a similar setup except am on 8.2.2 at this point. 

I'm running into the same error, what is odd is that the error being thrown out is that we are missing an 'input' parameter, and that 'input' parameter is not even an option in the commandlet.

schrie

Looks like you're hitting a BURT (non-public 866963) which has been resolved in the next release of the PowerShell Toolkit.  If you need immediate assistance with this, please file a support case with NetApp technical support for further assistance.

Public