Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Enable-NcClusterHA Not Working (New-NcCluster)

Environment: NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 4.3, FAS2552 running ONTAP 9.1GA

I'm working on a new cluster setup script and trying the New-NcCluster cmdlet.  

Everything works great with the exception of the last cmdlet - Enable-NcClusterHA.  This should (as I understand) be the equivalent of the CLI command "cluster ha modify -configured true".  I was able to set this correctly using a ZAPI call as well as the CLI....just not the cmdlet (?).

Also, during troubleshooting, I noticed that the Set-NcClusterHaMode is not really needed (?) - the appropriate options are already set correctly. So it'd probably be possible to skip this one along with the reboots - but going along with what has worked in the past.

-------------------------------------------

Import-Module DataOntap

# Connect Node 1

Connect-NcController 10.0.10.14

# Create Cluster

New-NcCluster -ClusterName MASTER -License {license}

# Check Progress

Get-NcClusterCreateProgress

# TNSC

Set-NcNetOption -SwitchlessCluster $true

# Cluster Mgmt Interface

New-NcNetInterface -Name MASTER_mgmt -Vserver MASTER -Role cluster_mgmt -Node MASTER-01 -Port e0M -Address 10.0.10.13 -Netmask 255.255.255.0

# Connect Node 2

Connect-NcController 10.0.10.15

# Join Node 2 to Cluster

Add-NcCluster -ClusterName MASTER

# Check Progress

Get-NcClusterCreateProgress

# Connect to Cluster

Connect-NcController 10.0.10.13

# Set HA Mode

Set-NcClusterHaMode -Node MASTER-01 -Enable
Set-NcClusterHaMode -Node MASTER-02 -Enable

# Reboot

Restart-NcNode -IgnoreQuorumWarnings -Node MASTER-02
Restart-NcNode -IgnoreQuorumWarnings -Node MASTER-01

# Connect to Cluster

Connect-NcController 10.0.10.13

# Enable Cluster HA

Enable-NcClusterHa -Node MASTER-01

Enable-NcClusterHa -Node MASTER-02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas why the Enable-NcClusterHa cmdlet is not working?

- John

Re: Enable-NcClusterHA Not Working (New-NcCluster)

Hi John,

Enable-NcClusterHa is not the equivalent of "cluster ha modify", rather it is the equivalent of the CLI command "storage failover modify" and is using the "cf-service-enable" ZAPI.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

OK - so what cmdlet is the equivalent?  Do I have the cmdlets in the wrong order?  I've tried both sequences and cannot find any other cmdlet related to HA to make the final setting.

There is no cmdlet equivalent.  The API equivalent for "cluster ha modify" is private, unsupported, undocumented, and deprecated...so probably not a good one to use.  Maybe use Invoke-NcSsh to change that setting?

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

I'll go with Invoke-NcSSH for now - seems odd that just about every other cmdlet you need to build an HA pair/cluster is now available EXCEPT that last step - hopefully they'll work it out.

Thanks!

- John