Subscribe

Get-NaAggrSpace

Hi guys,

I am trying to export to CSV a list/table of Aggregate space stats. This isn't working:

================================================

$aggr = Get-NaAggrSpace

$customobject = new-object psobject

add-member -inputobject $customobject -membertype noteproperty -name Aggregate -value $aggr.AggregateName

add-member -inputobject $customobject -membertype noteproperty -name Free_Size -value $aggr.SizeFree

add-member -inputobject $customobject -membertype noteproperty -name Snapshots_Use -value $aggr.SizeSnapUsed

add-member -inputobject $customobject -membertype noteproperty -name Used -value $aggr.SizeUsed

add-member -inputobject $customobject -membertype noteproperty -name Volumes_Use -value $aggr.SizeVolumeUsed

add-member -inputobject $customobject -membertype noteproperty -name Volumes -value $aggr.Volumes

$customobject | export-csv c:\aggr_size.csv -notypeinformation

===============================================

what would be the best way? I would also like to export it in different units (MB, GB,..)

Thank you

Joel

Re: Get-NaAggrSpace

This should work for you

Get-NaAggrSpace | select AggregateName,@{l='SizeFree(GB)';e={([math]::Round([decimal]($_.SizeFree)/1gb,2))}},@{l='SizeSnapUsed(GB)';e={([math]::Round([decimal]($_.SizeSnapUsed)/1gb,2))}},@{l='SizeUsed(GB)';e={([math]::Round([decimal]($_.SizeUsed)/1gb,2))}},@{l='SizeVolumeUsed(GB)';e={([math]::Round([decimal]($_.SizeVolumeUsed)/1gb,2))}},@{label="Volumes";expression={$_.volumes -join ","}} | Export-Csv "c:\vins.csv"

thanks - I will try that now

what does the  '-join' do?

is there an easy way to change the size from GB units to MB globally?

you can just replace 'gb' with 'mb' in above code to get your output in mb. check this technet link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee692684.aspx

The join operator concatenates a set of strings into a single string., for mode details check out

PS C:\Users\vinith> Get-Help about_join

the output isn't working. I am getting rows instead of columns in the CSV file

this is how the output should look like.

this is what I am getting - I need a list of volumes in a column, not a row - is that possible? I guess we need to create a file for each aggregate?

AggregateNameSizeFree(GB)SizeSnapUsed(GB)SizeUsed(GB)SizeVolumeUsed(GB)Volumes

aggr0                             2GB                                   1GB                        1GB                  1GB                       vol0, vol1, vol2, vol3, vol4,....

Joel -

Your first example isn't going to work because you don't loop through the array.    Also, you don't really need to create custom objects in this example b/c they are already created

Why do you need a list of volumes in a row?