Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Get-NaVolOptions failing

forgosh

PS C:\Users\Forgosh\Downloads> Get-NaVolOption coxDS
Get-NaVolOption : Could not find file 'C:\Users\Forgosh\AppData\Local\Temp\qzuzpksi.dll'.
At line:1 char:16
+ Get-NaVolOption <<<<  coxDS
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (NetApp.Ontapi.Filer.NaController:NaController) [Get-NaVolOption], FileNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Volume.GetNaVolOption

Same result if I specify -Name coxDS

4 REPLIES 4

paleon

Forgosh,

Is it safe to presume the following statements are true?

* coxDS is the name of a volume

* coxDS belongs to the NetApp controller to which your script has most recently connected

* the user account under which the script is running (or the credentials provided to the Connect-NaController cmdlet) have sufficient rights on the NetApp

Are you able to run other commands successfully?  For example:

$vols = Get-NaVol | Sort-Object -Property Name

Thanks,

Bill

forgosh

It turns out to be an issue (possibly Malware) in the virtual machine I was using. All cmdlets work properly from my new VM.

forgosh

I finally nailed down the source of the problem. It turns out to be DropBox of all things. I installed the DropBox client so that I could store my code in the cloud and the errors started again. I uninstalled the DropBox client and all is well again.

Seth

madden

FYI, on my laptop I use both dropbox and the PowerShell toolkit just fine.  So while I don't doubt on your system there was some negative interaction it doesn't appear to always be this way.

Win7 64bit

PowerShell DataONTAP module 1.2.0

Cheers,

Chris

Public