Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Get-NcNfsExport : Error Message : Multiple values are not supported for 'nosuid' option

JIATI0111

When I was trying to pull NFS export info from one of our vserver, the cmdlet reports error like this:

Get-NcNfsExport : Multiple values are not supported for 'nosuid' option
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-NcNfsExport -VserverContext vservername
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (co-tx-cnsan:NcController) [Get-NcNfsExport], EINTERNALERROR
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Nfs.GetNcNfsExport

But it happens ONLY to this vserver, not even other vservers on the same cluster.

I am using PSTK v3.3.0 and the CDOT version is 8.2.3P5. 

PS C:\temp> Get-Module |?{$_.Name -like 'DataOntap'}|select version

Version
-------

PS C:\temp> Get-NcSystemVersion|select Value

Value
-----
NetApp Release 8.2.3P5 Cluster-Mode: Thu Jul 16 21:51:07 PDT 2015

Nosuid is a property of SecurityRules (DataONTAP.C.Types.Nfs.SecurityRuleInfo) , which is a property of an export (DataONTAP.C.Types.Nfs.ExportsRuleInfo2) for the output of Get-NcNfsExport

Anyone ran into this before and have any idea ?

Thanks,

Timothy

2 REPLIES 2

asulliva

Do you know which export and which rule is causing it to break?  Maybe something is broken with that rule?

Andrew 

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

chao

I met same issue. by my understanding,  if an export policy include 3 rules, when every rules have same setting about "nosuid" (either "true" or "false").  the API Get-NcNfsExport could return well but only one line (I assume 3 lines)

屏幕快照 2016-08-24 16.05.43.png

if some rules with nosuid= true and some one with nosuid = false, (means different nosuid setting for every rules). the API Get-NcNfsExport will return error. 

屏幕快照 2016-08-24 16.03.52.png

Actually ONTAP support different nosuid setting for every rule,  why API could not support it.  Does it have any potential risks?

For the API,  Get-NcNfsExport (nfs-exportfs-list-rules-2), why it only return one line for the polciy with multiple rules?

Public