Subscribe
Accepted Solution

How to search snapshots from list of filers :S

Hi PowerUsers,

Aim : To find Volumes (from list of filers) where more then hourly.30 snap exists.

I have found a script in NA communities, which I modified as per my requirement, but I stuck in middle of d script.

The script works perfectly, only thing is pending is how I can exclude some volumes from some filers. 

e.g. : If I have 2 filers where each one have 8 vol. but I want to exclude vol3 and vol4 from 2nd filer.

Attached : Script[draft], Result

Please help.

Re: How to search snapshots from list of filers :S

Hi Ritesh,

You need to use powershell filtering to exclude these volumes, please find attached the modified script and let me know how it goes.

Here are the modifications which i made in the script.

Based on your scenario i have appended another controller "192.168.1.23" which is the one from which you need to exclude vol3 and vol4

$NetappList=("192.168.1.22","192.168.1.23")

Next im checking for the IP address present in $global:CurrentNaController, if it matches 192.168.1.23 then $filteredvolumes variable would consist of all volumes from get-navol except vol3,vol4 (which you can modify with your volume names)

else if the IP Adress does not match the criteria it goes about doing the normal get-navol query.

if (($global:CurrentNaController | select -ExpandProperty address).ipaddresstostring -match "192.168.1.23")

{

$filteredvolumes = get-navol | ?{$_.name -notmatch "vol3" -and $_.name -notmatch "vol4"}

}

else

{

$filteredvolumes = get-navol

}

$filteredvolumes | foreach-object {

$ParentName=$_.Name

Continued

Do let me know if it works out and solves your need

Hi Vinit,

I have checked your script and it's worked fine, it's solved my problem.

however, I have also found one more way to accomplish my task using CSV(att.) 

Thanks for your time and help 

Thats great awesome!!.