Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

How to set LIF DataProtocol with set-ncnetinterface?

oroemisc

Hi there,

DataProtocol is an (get;set) Option of get-ncnetinterface

PS C:\Users\oroemisc\My Documents> Get-NcNetInterface -Name cifs_admin_lif1 -Vserver cifs | gm

TypeName: DataONTAP.C.Types.Net.NetInterfaceInfo

Name MemberType Definition
---- ---------- ----------

DataProtocols Property string[] DataProtocols {get;set;}

I need to add CIFS to it, currently it is "none" because it was a management only LIF before.

So i used 

( Set-NcNetInterface -Vserver cifs -Name cifs_admin_lif1 ).DataProtocols = "cifs"

but this doesn't change the value.

I think it is more a "PowerShell lack of knowledge" from me than an CMDLet misbehaviour...

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Oli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aparajita

The Set-NcNetInterface does not allow you to modify the data-protocol for a LIF, as far as I can see. Try using The Update-NcNetInterface command

$query = Get-NcNetInterface -Template
$attrs = Get-NcNetInterface -Template
$query.Vserver = "cifs"
$query.InterfaceName = "cifs_admin_lif_1" $attrs.DataProtocols = ("cifs") Update-NcNetInterface -Query $query -Attributes $attrs

Hope this helps,

Aparajita

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aparajita

The Set-NcNetInterface does not allow you to modify the data-protocol for a LIF, as far as I can see. Try using The Update-NcNetInterface command

$query = Get-NcNetInterface -Template
$attrs = Get-NcNetInterface -Template
$query.Vserver = "cifs"
$query.InterfaceName = "cifs_admin_lif_1" $attrs.DataProtocols = ("cifs") Update-NcNetInterface -Query $query -Attributes $attrs

Hope this helps,

Aparajita

mcgue

The data-protocol parameter is a requirement at creation time and cannot be modified later through any method PowerShell included.

From:  https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1636021/html/GUID-CEE760DF-A059-4018-BE6C-6B3A034CB377.html

"The data-protocol parameter must be specified when the LIF is created, and cannot be modified later."

Public