Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Invoke-NcSsh failing with ONTAP 9.3

drwoodberry

I have just upgrade a lab controller to 9.3 so I could test some deployment scripts. Part of my scripts issue "Invoke-NcSsh" commands because a commandlet is not working as intended or does not exsist. I had originally thought it was an issue with the 4.4 verion of the powershell toolkit. I upgraded to 4.5 and I am still getting the same error.  See error below:

"Invoke-NcSsh : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Everything works from 9.0 - 9.2P1, but not in 9.3.

Any help would be great. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

Hello everyone,

I verified this behavior yesterday and created a bug for it (1136301).

Please let me know if I can help!

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

MarcelM

After following all the required instructions and troubleshooting steps we are still receiving the same error:

Invoke-NcSsh : An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

- Windows Server 2012 R2 (Version 6.3 Build 9600)

- NA PSTK 4.6.0

get-natoolkitversion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
-----  -----  -----  --------
4      2      0      0

- Putty release 0.70 (32/64) installed in native Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY // C:\Program Files\PuTTY

- ONTAP 9.3P2

- granted permissions "Full Controll" to "All application packages" in registry for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"\SOFTWARE\SimonTatham"

- copied putty and plink to "C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\NetApp PowerShell Toolkit\Modules\DataONTAP"

- rebooted server

Commands are working fine for ONTAP 9.2 systems from the same enviroment.

What are we missing? Any hints?

JGPSHNTAP

security login show to the cluster admin vserver.  That needs to have ssh access associated to the grouip/user you are using invoke-ncssh

MarcelM

Thanks for your quick response.

Local netapp admin user already had ssh access obviously.

I tried to add the windows user who starts the script aswell but error remains the same.

By calling "Invoke-NcSsh" the windows user establish a ssh connection to the netapp via putty now?

jim_ctr_merrell

I was able to finally resolve this by:

1) Run Powershell v5.x or higher
2) Install only the newest Powershell tools from Netapp (9.x)
3) Add the user to "full" control of the Putty reg keys (I created both HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY64 reg key trees)
4) Launch PS "As Administrator" ( start-process powershell -verb RunAs )

Public