Subscribe

Lost ssh capability into filer after running Visio script in powershell.

I wanted to run the visio script via powershell of a filer and it worked great.  But when I tried to ssh back into the filer via putty, it just hangs.  I've seen this happen with other filers when I'm trying to ssh into one that is already running a ssh session.  I powered down the machine where I ran powershell and treid to ssh to my filer to no avail.   Any idea?

Thanks,

Mikey

Re: Lost ssh capability into filer after running Visio script in powershell.

Hello, Mikey.  I can only offer that the Visio script doesn't appear to make any ssh calls, nor does the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit.  While developing the Toolkit, I routinely connect to the ONTAP CLI, and I haven't noticed this issue.  If you find a solution, please post it here.

Thanks for the reply.   I went in via console and disable then re-enable ssh.  This fixed my issue.  Running the visio script must have been a coincidence.

Clinton, I’m still having the same issue. Please let me know what I’ll need to do to correct the issue. I probably won’t be able to reboot the filer until this weekend. I’m headed out for the day, but if you respond, I’ll try what you suggest tomorrow when I get in. Thanks for your help.

Michael

All is well.  A port was acting stale, hosing a vif.  Once the port was reset.  All was good.  Thanks for your help.

Sounds good, Michael.  Thanks for following up.