Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Oncommand and Snapmanger Suite

andreas_saia

Hello

I have a customer who has implemented, Snpamanger for Hyper-V,Snpamanager for Exchange, Snapmanager for SQL and OSSV. Is there a Product from Netapp (except SnapProtect) that i can use, to Monitor and Schedule all this Products. I tried to find out with the Interoperability Matrix, but it doenst seems that it is up to date and also it doesnt give the avaiablitiy to answer my question. Maybe i miss unterstood something. So far i know that it is possible to integrate exchange, SQL and VmWare to work with Protection Manager...

Inputs are Welcome and thanks in advance for your Time

Kind Regards

Andreas

6 REPLIES 6

andreas_saia

Hi all

Found good Overview. It takes me somewhile..

Kind Regards

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-21683

adaikkap

Hi Andreas,

SnapCreator should help you will all this by integrating with Protection Manager. PM will do all the monitoring and running the backups, SnapCreator would do all the scheduling and single pane of glass for all your apps.

Regards

adai

andreas_saia

Hi Adai

Thanks for answer.

If i dont wanna use Snapcreator, which ohter Options i have?

Kind Regards

Andreas

adaikkap

You can use Protection Manager for SME/SMQSL/SMO and OSSV but not for SMHV. But in all these cases except for OSSV the schedules are manged by individual snapsmangers and not protection manger.

Regards

adai

andreas_saia

Thank's again for the answer.

So there is no other central scheduling/monitoring/management tool for all Snapmanger Products? Whats about OnCommand Suite?

Protection Manager will mainly used to manage Snapvault connections to the Secondary Storage, cause primary its a MetroCluster. So this its not possible then with SMHV?

Kind Regards

Andreas

adaikkap

Hi Andreas,

So there is no other central scheduling/monitoring/management tool for all Snapmanger Products? Whats about OnCommand Suite?

Yes, what do you mean by OnCommand Suite ?

Protection Manager will mainly used to manage Snapvault connections to the Secondary Storage, cause primary its a MetroCluster. So this its not possible then with SMHV?

Protection Manager/OnCommand Unified Manger integrates with all snapmanager except SMVI/VSC and SMHV. For SMVI/VSC they have something called host package.

Regards

adai

Public