Subscribe

Ontap PowerShell, Unix-User and cDot

Hi guys, 

on cDot CLI we have this command to add and remove users

vserver services unix-user create -vserver SVM -user USER........

I need to create a script that do that, do we have a cmdlet for it in the toolkit ?

*on 7-mode we called those passwd file.

Thanks, 

Tomer.

Re: Ontap PowerShell, Unix-User and cDot

well i think "New-NcUser" should solve your problem for cDOT systems

grEEtz

-----

> man new-ncuser

NAME
    New-NcUser

SYNOPSIS
    Create a new user account associated with the specified application and authentication method.

SYNTAX
    New-NcUser [-UserName] <String> -Vserver <String[]> -Application <String[]> [-AuthMethod <String>] -Role <String> [-Password <String>] [-Comment
    <String>] [-Controller <NcController[]>] [-ZapiRetryCount <Int32>] [<CommonParameters>]

New-NcUser -Vserver <String[]> -Application <String[]> [-AuthMethod <String>] -Role <String> [-Credential <PSCredential>] [-Comment <String>]
    [-Controller <NcController[]>] [-ZapiRetryCount <Int32>] [<CommonParameters>]

DESCRIPTION
    Create a new user account associated with the specified application and authentication method.

Hi, 

Thanks for replaying.

New-NcUser is for creating users for login (ssh\ontapi....)

but i just found what i needed. its NcNameMappingUnixUser

Get-NcNameMappingUnixUser

Set-NcNameMappingUnixUser

New-NcNameMappingUnixUser

Remove-NcNameMappingUnixUser

Thank you.

Tomer.

[ Edited ]

I am trying to backup my name mappings... 

When running from PS> prompt, it gives me the info in a nice table. When doing so in a script though, it comes out unusable (shown below). I have been trying to find a way to cycle through the object and grabe the needed fields like I have done with other cmdlets, but no use so far. Do you have any suggestions in how to get the named fields below to be variables?

FullName :
GroupId : 1
NcController : cluster.domain.name
UserId : 0
UserName : root
Vserver : vserver01
GroupIdSpecified : True
UserIdSpecified : True

It depand on what do you want to do with it and how.

For example if you want to see the username+UID+vservername on screen then use this: 

$NcNameMappingUnixUser = NcNameMappingUnixUser; foreach($line in $NcNameMappingUnixUser) {write-host "$($line.UserName) $($line.UserId) $($line.Vserver)"}

if you want to check for specific user name in a specific vserver use this: 

$NcNameMappingUnixUser = NcNameMappingUnixUser; foreach($line in $NcNameMappingUnixUser) {if ($line.UserName -eq 'pcuser' -and $line.Vserver -eq 'svm1') {write-host $($line.UserName)  $($line.UserId) $($line.Vserver)"}}

or:

$NcNameMappingUnixUser = NcNameMappingUnixUser; $NcNameMappingUnixUser | ForEach-Object {if ($_.UserId -eq 65535) {$_ | Format-Table UserName,  UserId, Vserver} }

or just format-table: 

$NcNameMappingUnixUser | Format-Table UserName,  UserId, Vserver

so it depends on what you want to gain, but those are more Powershell tips them DataOntap ToolKit.

This is perfect! Thank you very much.