Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Powercli Set-NaNetInterface

dmswitzer

I'm attempting to use the Set-NaNetInterface to enable the Negociated Fail Over option on an interface and make it persistant.  Here is my command:

Set-NaNetInterface e0b -Address 192.1678.130.4 -netmask 255.255.255.0 -broadcast 192.168.130.255 -up -wins $FALSE -Nfo $TRUE -partner ifg_vmware1

On the command line with ifconfig e0b I can see that Nfo is in fact enabled, but its not writen to the /etc/rc file.  The other settings are.  Is there something special that I need to do to get this into the /etc/rc file?  By playing with the cmdlet I can see that other options are writen out to the rc file, but Nfo does not seem to be.

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cknight

Dave, the cmdlets aren't directly modifying /etc/rc.  Instead, they rely on the API net-config-set-persistent.  So while I can't find any mention in the bug database, it would seem you've found an issue with the API.  If you have the opportunity to test with Data ONTAP 8.1, that might be worthwhile.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sizemore

You have to add it yourself.  To do so from PowerShell use the Read-NaFile, and Write-NaFile cmdlets.  From both the CLI, and PowerShell your modifying the active config.  If you want the change to persist a reboot you have to manually add it to the /etc/rc file.

~Glenn

dmswitzer

What I can't quite understand is that if I reconfigure another interface all the config options except nfo are writen to the rc file.  I created a script that uses the read-nafile and write-nafile cmdlets, but couldn't quite figure out why the nfo options were not being writen to the config.

Thanks,

Dave

cknight

Dave, the cmdlets aren't directly modifying /etc/rc.  Instead, they rely on the API net-config-set-persistent.  So while I can't find any mention in the bug database, it would seem you've found an issue with the API.  If you have the opportunity to test with Data ONTAP 8.1, that might be worthwhile.

lionetti

Wouldnt a better way to do this be the method of taking the running-config and saving it to the persistent config. This makes a lot more sense then hand editing the files and less prone to error.

Command is as follows.

Get-NANetActiveConfig | Set-NANetPersistentConfig

cknight

Yes, Chris.  The network setter cmdlets already call the API to write the persistent config.  This appears to be an API bug where it isn't writing the NFO setting to /etc/rc.

Public